HTMA Screening Test
The Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA) test is a diagnostic tool used to assess the mineral levels and imbalances in a person's body. It involves analyzing a small sample of hair to determine the concentrations of various minerals present.
During the test, a hair sample is collected from the individual and sent to a laboratory for analysis. The hair is typically taken from the back of the head, as it is believed to provide a more accurate representation of the body's mineral status over time.
HTMA Screening Test
The analysis of the hair sample provides valuable information about the individual's mineral levels, including essential minerals like calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron, and copper, as well as toxic elements such as lead, mercury, and arsenic. It can also reveal any imbalances or ratios between these minerals, which can provide insights into potential health issues or nutritional deficiencies.
HTMA is often used as a complementary tool in functional medicine and naturopathy to help identify underlying causes of various health conditions. It is believed that imbalances in mineral levels can contribute to a wide range of health problems, including fatigue, hormonal imbalances, digestive issues, and mood disorders.
Based on the results of the HTMA test, healthcare practitioners can develop personalized treatment plans that may include dietary changes, targeted supplementation, or detoxification protocols to help restore balance and improve overall health and well-being.
It is important to note that while HTMA can provide valuable insights, it should not be used as the sole diagnostic tool. It is typically used in combination with other clinical assessments and tests to gain a comprehensive understanding of an individual's health status.
ADVANTAGES OF HAIR TISSUE MINERAL ANALYSIS
- Hair specimens can be collected more quickly and easily than blood, urine, or any other tissue, using a non-invasive method.
- Hair analysis is more cost-effective than mineral testing through other means.
- Unlike blood, hair is less susceptible to the homeostatic mechanisms that quickly affect trace element levels.
- Long-term deviations of mineral retention or losses are more easily detected in hair than blood.
- Concentrations of most elements in the hair are significantly higher than found in the blood and other tissues.
- Hair provides a record of past as well as present trace element levels, i.e. biological activity.
- Hair provides information of substances entering the hair from the blood serum as well as from external sources.
- Hair is invaluable in the assessment of toxic metal levels.
- Patient Copy of the test results (graphic illustration of levels and ratios).
- A complete individualized evaluation and detailed discussion of the patient's metabolic type, current mineral levels and ratios, and their impact upon body chemistry.
- Recommendations of specific foods and food groups, along with an explanation of why each food is suggested.
- Supplement recommendations based upon age, sex, metabolic type, mineral patterns and specific need as seen on the tissue mineral analysis and other accompanying clinical test data and history. (Subject to changes by the attending health-care professional)
- 1 Telehealth appointment and analysis by Natural Medicine Practitioner, Jennifer Smith
**If you are a member of the Functional Remedies Virtual Care program, you can purchase this at a discounted rate within the membership.
ATTENTION New York State residents: NY Public Health Law Section 574 prohibits hair analysis laboratories from processing hair samples from residents of New York at this time. We cannot process hair analysis orders with a NY State shipping address. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Choose a pricing plan
One Time HTMA Test and Consultation
- One time charge
- One HTMA test, consultatiion and report
- Nutritional balancing recommendations
- Supplement recommendations
Please note: There is a required $20 yearly fee to join OurCoalition.org. See FAQ's for details.
Please in get contact at any time if you're not satisfied with your coaching. We do our best to ensure all clients are happy and need to determine on a case-by-case basis the eligibility of refunds.
When you've completed purchasing you'll be able to login to your coaching account and can find out the next steps required to book a time for your appointment from there.
For sure! You simply need to purchase coaching again and will be able to get access to another set of coaching sessions.
Yes, since our practitioners do not work with the general public, they work with members of Our Coalition. You can become a member for $20 yearly - per person. This membership protects your rights to obtain health information and protects the practitioner's right to provide education. It also provides access to optional tools and charting software to track your progress and see how you're improving.
Nutraceutical supplements may be recommended, at an additional cost. A 15% savings on supplements is provided with your purchase of this package.